Search Nuala's Kitchen

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Peggy Porschen


Peggy Porschen's Cafe
I discovered Peggy Porschen when I saw one of her amazing cookery books in a shop and couldn't resist buying it. The book was called 'Cake Chic' and included many reliable recipes for making different cakes. As well as inspiring decorating ideas and beautiful pictures of all of her cakes.

Visit Peggy Porschen's website at http://www.peggyporschen.com/ .

The first cake that I attempted was one called 'Mochaccino Dots'. It was a square chocolate cake layered with alternating flavours of butter cream; mocha butter cream and vanilla butter cream. The top was decorated with a layer of brown sugar paste and then large dots cut out of sugar paste. It was a quite an easy cake to conquer.

For my birthday I went to Peggy Porschen's cafe in London. The inside was beautifully decorated in different shades of pinks. It also had a beautiful display of cakes and cupcakes. Heaven! I had a lovely double chocolate cupcake.

I was inspired to try to make my own beautifully decorated master piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment