Search Nuala's Kitchen

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Trail 3

If I thought the last recipe was a disaster I was wrong as these brownies were worse. I cooked the brownies for over an hour and they were still not cooked in the middle but burning on top. They also stuck to the pan, which I am not sure why as I greased the pan as I always do!

From the last trail I concluded that the mixture must be to wet and that is why it is not cooking. I therefore needed to decrease the wet ingredients and increase the dry ingredients. But I needed to be careful to not make the mixture to dry which would make the brownies too dry.

Trail 3

INGREDIENTS:
Butter: The amount of butter was decreased slightly to 125g.
Eggs: I decreased the amount of eggs back to 3 eggs, as 4 eggs gave the mixture too much moisture.
Sugar: The amount of sugar to egg was increased from 100g of sugar to 1 egg to 125g of sugar to 1 egg.
Chocolate: I kept the chocolate to 200g.
Flour: The flour was increased to 110g to make the mixture less wet.

METHOD:
To make these brownies the previous method was followed.
  1. Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat.
  2. Whisk the sugar and eggs together until just incorperated.
  3. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the sugar and eggs and then add the flour.
  4. Cook at C180.

No comments:

Post a Comment