|Wedding Cake Sugar Cookies|
Wedding Cake Sugar Cookies
200g unsalted butter
200g Castor sugar
1 medium egg
400g plain flour
- Cream together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix on a very low speed until just Incorporated. Over mixing will cause the cookies to spread when they cook.
- Next add in the flour. Mix at a low speed until the mixture comes together as a dough. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Cling film the dough and refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The dough can stay in the fridge for up to a week.
- Preheat the oven to C200. Take the dough out of the fridge about 5 minutes before it is needed. This gives the dough time to warm up slightly so it is able to be rolled out.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a centimeter thick. Cut out you desired shape, I used a wedding cake cutter.
- Place the cut out dough on a greased baking sheet and cook in the oven for 6 - 11 minutes or until slightly golden.
- If you want to ice the cookies cool for at least 45 minutes. Ice with royal icing or simple icing (icing sugar and water).