Search Nuala's Kitchen

Friday 18 November 2011

American Desserts

So my mom's birthday is coming around again. I was trying to think of an interesting idea for a birthday cake. Over the years I have created the chocolate cakes, the cupcakes, the pies, the sponge cakes etc. So I wanted to so something new, interesting and different.

I am a big fan of mini cakes and desserts. Soon  after lots of deliberating and flicking through cookery books, I came up with the idea of using a tiered cake stand and filling it with lots of mini desserts. But the next question was which desserts should I choose?

Again I went back to the cook books. After looking through the cookbooks I came up with the idea of doing an American themed 'thing'. Next I did some research into what are the top American desserts. From this I choose to make Chocolate Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Passion Cake), Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecake and Brownies. These are quintessential American flavours / treats and all have a running theme of chocolate so they will compliment each other in flavour.

Therefore the idea is to fill a tiered cake stand with these desserts and then decorate with candles. Sounds easy? We'll see! Check back on Monday to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment