Search Nuala's Kitchen

Thursday 28 October 2010

Just back . . .

After wondering through the Salamanca area of Madrid, Spain, I stumbled across a store called MADRID CUPCAKE. Here is the link (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.cupcakemadrid.com/&ei=0TzJTJH8FJCTjAfvyLm_Dw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMAdrid%2Bsupcakes%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_enGB336GB336%26prmd%3Div)
It was a very cute store selling cupcakes, all looking too beautiful to eat. At that moment I walked into the shop and choose the Malteser cupcake. (Click on the link above and then click on Gallery and it is the second picture down on the right ) With my expectations high I bite into the cupcake. It was nothing like I expected. It was plain . . . simple . . . boring.  I was thoroughly disappointed. The cupcake was a simple chocolates sponge with vanilla butter cream and a malteser on top. The cupcake was so simple that nearly anybody could have made it.

I leave you with the challenge to make a Malteser cupcake, that is something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment