Martha Stewart's Recipe
|Martha Stewart's Brownies|
2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
185g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to C200. Line and grease a 9 x 13 inch and set aside.
- In a double boiler over a pan of simmering melt the chocolate and butter together. Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, sugar and espresso at a high speed for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to a low speed and pour in the melted chocolate and butter. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and salt; and beat until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tine and put in the oven on a middle shelf. Cook for 30 minutes until the edges are dry and the middle is still soft.
- Cool and then cut into 16 squares.