This hot chocolate is sour and dark; a great indulgence for the real hot chocolate lovers. To sweeten it add more sugar or marshmallows or whipped cream and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
A Real Hot Chocolate
5tbsp cocoa powder
2tbsp castor sugar
6oz milk chocolate
1 cup + 4tbsp semi-skinned milk
Marshmallows or whipped cream to serve
Cinnamon to put on top
- In a saucepan add cocoa powder, sugar and 4 tbsp milk.
- Heat until the sugar dissolves, and the cocoa powder is combined.
- Add the remaining milk with the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and ensure the drink is piping hot before serving.
- Serve with some whipped cream or marshmallows.
|Hot Chocolate served with some gingerbread men.|
Additions or Variations:
- Adding a pinch of chili powder
- A cinnamon stick
- A little instant expresso powder for a hot mocha
- Use Maya gold chocolate and sprinkle with orange zest
- Use half mint chocolate and half dark chocolate, finish with a after eight mint.